Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Making my Gen V OU Team

This is my thought process behind my current Generation Five OverUsed team, hope you don't trololololol me!

1. Rotom-Wash/Levitate/@ Choice Scarf
Timid/SpA: 252/SpD: 4/Sp: 252
  • Volt Switch
  • Hydro Pump
  • Hidden Power (Ice)
  • Trick
My reasoning for this one is I need something to scout-out (see) what my foe's lead is, once Rotom here finds that out, he handles it, he takes it out, cripples it, or switches out to some one who can kill it. He's also an exceptionable revenge killer.

2. Torkoal/White Smoke/@ Leftovers
Relaxed/HP: 252/D: 252/SpD: 4
  • Stealth Rock
  • Rapid Spin
  • Lava Plume
  • Explosion
When I was creating my team, I needed a rapid spinner, so I used Starmie. Then, while I was looking for a stealth rocker, I thought, "Why not kill two birds with one stone & have my stealth rocker rapid spin as well?" The Pokemon that fit the bill perfectly was Torkoal. Stealth rock is always important, so is rapid spin. Lava plume hits annoying Ferrothorns for super-effective damage, & explosion is so you can get it off your line-up after the foe's entry hazard Pokemon has been KO'ed & you've rapid spinned away the hazards.

3. Gliscor/Poison Heal/@ Toxic Orb
Impish/HP: 252/D: 184/Sp: 72
  • Toxic
  • Ice Fang
  • Earthquake
  • Protect
Gliscor is one of, if not (with Poison Heal) the best defensive wall in the game. Toxic poisons other foes. Ice fang takes care of those annoying dragons, & protect allows you to set up poisen heal without any damage first.

4. Salamence/Intimidate/@ Leftovers
Naive/A: 252/SpA: 4/Sp: 252
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Claw
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Blast
Mence is a really good sweeper. Dragon dance boost attack & speed, & since there's no move that boost special attack, attack & speed, this is as close as we're gonna get. Outrage can replace dragon claw if you want, I just don't like the confusion. Earthquake & fire blast are there for coverage reasons.

5. Latios/Levitate/@ Choice Specs
Timid/HP: 4/SpA: 252/Sp: 252
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Surf
  • Hidden Power (Fire)
  • Psyshock
Next to Deoxys-Attack (uber,) Latios is the best special attacker in the game. Dragon pulse & psyshock are powerful STAB moves. Surf hits stuff hard, & HP fire hits annoying Ferrothorns.
With the speed invested, this is like a special Salamence.

6. Electivire/Motor Drive/@ Expert Belt
Mild/A: 40/SpA: 252/Sp: 216
  • Thunderbolt
  • Cross Chop
  • Hidden Power (Ice)
  • Earthquake
E-vire is a very good "glue" Pokemon because of its amazing type coverage. Thunderbolt is STAB. Cross Chop hits normal walls. HP ice hits dragons, & Earthquake hits other electric types.

No comments:

Post a Comment